This Privacy was last modified and is effective as of January 30, 2017.
2. What Information Signet Armorlite Collects
Anonymous information: Our Digital Services capture certain non-personal common technical information automatically. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and computer operating system, device type, application software, time and date you visit or use the Digital Services, and traffic patterns and usage data, such as the pages you access, the address of the website that directed you to the Digital Services or the website you visit when you leave the Digital Services. Signet Armorlite uses this information to understand patterns of site activity, including aggregated user demographics, and to improve the Digital Services so they are more useful for you.
Personal Information: The types of personally identifiable information ("PII") that may be collected on or through the Digital Services include your name, your status (such as whether you are a consumer, student or journalist), mailing address, email address, and telephone number. Additional PII that may be collected on or through the Digital Services includes, but isn’t limited to:
- If are entering a sweepstakes, contest, giveaway or other promotion (each a "Promotion"), your age or birth date.
- If you are submitting a rebate request, information about your purchase.
- If you are participating in a survey, we may ask your gender and age, income, ethnicity, family size and marital status.
- If you are using a service, information necessary to provide the service you have requested.
Location Information: When you access or use the Digital Services, we may collect information regarding your general location if you provide it to us or by using your IP address, but we do not collect precise geolocation information from your mobile device.
3. Purposes of PII Collection
We request PII to provide a service, product or information about Signet Armorlite’s products or services or to complete a transaction. Examples include administering Promotions and rebates, facilitating orders or purchases, assisting you to find an eye care professional or doctor, distributor, store or sales consultant, providing information regarding vision, vision care and vision correction, conducting online surveys, or responding to your questions or comments.
4. Protection of Personal Information Signet Armorlite Collects
Although, Signet Armorlite cannot promise the use of our Digital Services is completely safe, Signet Armorlite uses standard security measures. Signet Armorlite urges you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
The Digital Services may contain customer reviews, forums and/or message boards and other Online Content. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when considering the disclosure of your PII. You agree that Signet Armorlite is not responsible for material posted by you or others in these public forums.
5. Sharing of PII
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. Signet Armorlite may transfer PII to its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, including future subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Consultants and Service Providers. Signet Armorlite will disclose PII to third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance and remedial, repair services, mail delivery services, evaluation data analysis, data cleansing, order fulfillment and shipping, Promotion administration and fulfillment, advertising, marketing and promotional activities, fraud protection and risk reduction, and payment processing and authorization) to the extent that they require access to the databases, or the PII contained in our databases, to provide services to you or Signet Armorlite.
- Joint Promotion Partners. Sometimes we conduct joint promotions with third parties. If you register for one of those joint promotions your information may be collected by both Signet Armorlite and the third party. Or, we may give you the option to have us share your information with the promotion partner. Your information will be used by us and/or by them as described in our posted privacy policies.
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that the Signet Armorlite is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Signet Armorlite is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the PII Signet Armorlite collects will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- Third-Party Marketing. Signet Armorlite does not share your PII with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes unless you first affirmatively agree to the disclosure.
- Eye Care Professionals. If you use our "Schedule an Appointment" function, your name, email address and telephone number will be forwarded to the eye care professional(s) you have designated. While this information is forwarded to facilitate your request for an appointment, please note that Signet Armorlite does not limit or control how eye care professionals may use or disclose your PII. Signet Armorlite does not retain this PII for its own use.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. Signet Armorlite may transfer PII to third parties where we are expressly authorized or required by applicable law to do so.
6. Parents and Guardians
Our Digital Services are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of 13 has given us information, you can contact us to remove the information.
7. Opt-Out Choices
Emails. If we send you promotional emails, you can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from Signet Armorlite by following the unsubscribe procedures indicated in each email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from Signet Armorlite, we will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
Interest-Based Behavioral Advertising; Web Beacons. Signet Armorlite may also use web beacons (also known as action tags, pixels, or transparent GIF files) and similar technologies to help manage online advertising. These technologies are provided by our ad management vendor(s) and enable our ad management vendor(s) to recognize a unique cookie placed by us (when you accessed the Digital Services) or by another advertiser who works with our ad management vendor(s). These technologies allow us to learn which advertisements bring users to our Digital Services. They also allow us or our ad management partner(s) to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites so we can manage advertising effectiveness and provide you with online advertisements, including advertisements on the websites of third parties not affiliated with Signet Armorlite, more likely to be of interest to you. With web beacon technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address. For more information about online behavioral advertising and your choice to opt-out of receiving targeted online advertisements from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), please visit the DAA website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
Tools on Mobile Devices. You can control the tools on your mobile devices. Please consult your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on clearing cookies, disabling location services, and disabling push notifications.
Do Not Track ("DNT") Signals. Signet Armorlite does not currently respond to DNT signals but may do so in the future.
8. Accessing and Updating your PII
You may contact us to update your PII.
9. Consent of data Transfer of Non-U.S. Residents
If you reside in a country other than the United States, upon providing your PII to Signet Armorlite, you will be indicating your explicit consent that the PII you have provided may be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States.
10. Notice to California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide PII in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from Signet Armorlite once a calendar year information about the PII we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of PII and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2015 will receive information regarding 2014 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please contact us, with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing, if any, will be included in our response.
11. Links to Other Websites
12. Contact Signet Armorlite to Ask Questions and Provide Feedback Regarding Privacy