Portions of the Digital Services may provide general information about vision, vision care and vision correction. This information is not intended to be a source of or substitute for medical advice. Use of the information provided is at your sole risk. If you suspect that you have a vision problem or medical condition requiring attention, contact a qualified professional as soon as possible.
2. Information You Provide; Security. Whenever you provide us with information, you agree to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information and (ii) maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect is, untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your access to the Digital Services and refuse any and all current or future use of the Digital Services (or any portion thereof).
You agree to immediately notify Signet Armorlite of any breach of security. Signet Armorlite reserves the right to take any and all action, as it deems necessary or reasonable, to help ensure the security of the Digital Services.
You may not use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Online Content. Your conduct should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. If you were provided with a product, prize or compensation by or on behalf of Signet Armorlite, you must disclose this fact in all Online Content. You must also disclose if you are an employee, vendor, supplier or are otherwise connected to Signet Armorlite or one of its affiliates if you are writing about any product or service of Signet Armorlite in your Online Content. Any opinions, advice, statements or other information provided or made available by third parties in the Online Community are those of the respective authors and not of Signet Armorlite. You agree that you are responsible for any Online Content that you post or submit that you make, and for any consequences thereof. Signet Armorlite has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor, edit, to not post and/or to remove any Online Content. By submitting Online Content, you agree that you are waiving the benefit of any provision of law known as "moral rights" or similar laws.
7. Product Descriptions. We have made every effort on the Digital Services to display the dimensions, features and colors of our products as accurately as possible. However, the colors you see in our products will depend on your monitor or other display and we cannot guarantee that colors will be accurately displayed. We do not warrant that the product descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
8. Links to other Websites. The Digital Services may contain links to other websites and digital platforms not operated by Signet Armorlite. The links are provided for your convenience. The inclusion of any links to other websites or digital platforms does not imply endorsement by Signet Armorlite of those sites or platforms, or their contents. Signet Armorlite is not responsible for the contents, links or privacy of any linked website or digital platform. Access to any other websites or digital platforms linked to the Digital Services is at your own risk.
9. Links to the Digital Services. You are expressly prohibited from framing or linking or otherwise using or displaying the Digital Services in such a manner so that it appears to be part of your own or someone else’s website or digital platform. You shall not deep link to or scrape any page on the Digital Services or otherwise link in a manner that bypasses the Digital Services home page, and you shall not harvest email addresses from the Digital Services.
10. Copyrights and Trademarks. Signet Armorlite and other marks, logos, graphics, and trade dress used on the Digital Services are Signet Armorlite’s trademarks or the trademarks of third parties, and may not be used in any manner (including in "meta-tags" or "hidden text") without our prior written approval. All the materials and content contained on the Digital Services are copyrighted except where explicitly noted otherwise and are protected under national laws and international treaties throughout the world. The Digital Services may also contain material that is subject to the copyright rights of third parties.
11. Disclaimer. THE DIGITAL SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DIGITAL SERVICES AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY OR RELATED TO THE DIGITAL SERVICES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND SIGNET ARMORLITE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE DIGITAL SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DIGITAL SERVICES AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY OR RELATED TO THE DIGITAL SERVICES), WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, TITLE AND NON- INFRINGEMENT AND WARRANTIES ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. FURTHER, SIGNET ARMORLITE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE DIGITAL SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DIGITAL SERVICES AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY OR RELATED TO THE DIGITAL SERVICES, WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. SIGNET ARMORLITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS RELATING TO PRICING, TEXT, PHOTOGRAPHY OR ANY OTHER CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DIGITAL SERVICES. YOU ASSUME TOTAL AND SOLE RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE DIGITAL SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DIGITAL SERVICES AND SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY OR RELATED TO THE DIGITAL SERVICES.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE, SO THE ABOVE EXCLSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SIGNET ARMORLITE, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, REPRESENTATIVES, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND SUPPLIERS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE DIGITAL SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DIGITAL SERVICES AND SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY OR RELATED TO THE DIGITAL SERVICES) AND/OR SIGNET ARMORLITE’S SERVERS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE DIGITAL SERVICES OR SIGNET ARMORLITE’S SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREON OR IN TRANSIT THERETO, WHETHER BASED IN TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT SIGNET ARMORLITE WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE DIGITAL SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DIGITAL SERVICES AND/OR SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY OR RELATED TO THE DIGITAL SERVICES, IS TO STOP USING THE DIGITAL SERVICES.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, SO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Export Restrictions. Any software and all underlying information and technology downloaded from the Digital Services (collectively the "Software") by you may be subject to U.S. export controls, including the Export Administration Act (50 U.S.C. Appx. §§ 2401 et seq.) and the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR", 50 C.F.R. Parts 730-774), and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You are responsible for complying with all trade regulations and laws, both foreign and domestic. Except as authorized by law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the Software to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls, including without limitation persons or entities listed on the U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Export Administration’s Denied Parties List and the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals. You further represent and warrant that no U.S. federal agency has suspended, revoked, or denied your export privileges.
14. Disputes with Signet Armorlite. You and Signet Armorlite agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen or may arise between us will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Section. Please read this Section carefully. It affects your rights and will impact how claims you and we have against each other are resolved.
14.1 Contact Signet Armorlite First. If a dispute arises between you and Signet Armorlite, we want to learn about and address your concerns and, if we are unable to do so to your satisfaction, to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Please contact us regarding disputes between you and Signet Armorlite related to the Digital Services, including, without limitation, its products and services.
14.3 Agreement to Arbitrate. You and Signet Armorlite each agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and Signet Armorlite, EXCEPT FOR A DISPUTE RELATING TO THE ENFORCEMENT OR VALIDITY OF YOUR, SIGNET ARMORLITE’S, OR EITHER OF OUR LICENSORS’ INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, shall be resolved exclusively through confidential, final and binding arbitration. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement to Arbitrate.
a. Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief. YOU AND SIGNET ARMORLITE AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND SIGNET ARMORLITE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OTHER SIGNET ARMORLITE DIGITAL SERVICES USERS.
b. Arbitration Procedures. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under its rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (as applicable), as modified by this Agreement to Arbitrate. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org. A form for initiating arbitration proceedings is available on the AAA’s website at http://www.adr.org.
The arbitration shall be held in the county in which you reside or at another mutually agreed location. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, you or Signet Armorlite may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on you and Signet Armorlite subject to the arbitrator’s discretion to require an in-person hearing, if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at an in-person hearing may be made by telephone by you and/or Signet Armorlite, unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of California, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator’s award shall be confidential, final and binding, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
c. Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules.
14.5. Claims and Disputes Must Be Filed Within One Year. To the extent permitted by law, and without limiting the effect of any disclaimer contained herein, any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to your use of the Digital Services, including, without limitation, any Digital Services related product, services, Online Content or other content, must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises.
14.6 Binding on Heirs and Assigns. This Section 14 applies to you and your heirs, successors and assigns.
STATEMENT ON SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
Effective January 1, 2012, the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 requires Signet Armorlite to disclose its efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from its direct supply chain for tangible goods offered for sale.
Signet Armorlite sets a high bar for itself regarding sustainability, labor and employment, and it expects the same from its suppliers. Through its parent, Essilor International, Signet Armorlite adheres to numerous internally-established policies based on the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact at http://www.unglobalcompact.org/. In addition, and among many other efforts, Essilor International belongs to five major Social Responsibility Indices: ASPI Eurozone, ECPO Ethical Index EURO, FTSE4Good, Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) and Ethibel Excellence. These initiatives behind these indices guide Signet Armorlite’s business practices, including its selection and retention of suppliers providing goods or services to its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. For more detailed information about Essilor International’s sustainability and transparency policies, see Appendix 3 to the 2010 Registration Statement, Seeing the World Better 2003, and Seeing the World Better 2006, each available to view and download at http://www.essilor.com/en/Group/Sustainable/Pages/Publications.aspx. Based on the above description of Signet Armorlite’s policies and the efforts of Essilor International through numerous initiatives, Signet Armorlite has established robust practices and programs intended to promote global sustainability, as well as compliance with applicable laws regarding slavery and human trafficking in the countries in which Signet Armorlite does business.